The village, with a fantastic foodie scene, on the river Poltva, has the Church of the Annunciation (1898) with the original architecture. In Soviet times, this was the Museum of the First Cavalry Army of Budonnyi.
Here, the city’s enemies are taken to the pikes. For good people, they show the pearl of sacred architecture, the wooden Church of the Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin (1792).
Due to a variety of soils around Dubliany, in 1856, the field school was established. This turned the settlement into a centre of agricultural science in Western Ukraine. In the town, you should see the ancient buildings of the Lviv National Agrarian University, where S. Bandera, a prominent activist for Ukraine’s fight for independence, used to study.
This village is known not only for its vegetables but also for a unique 400-year-old iconostasis from the Lviv Church of the Assumption, which was custom made for the Stauropegion Brotherhood by the famous artists Fedir Senkovych and Mykola Petrakhovych. The iconostasis is now in the Church of St. Kozma and Demian (1897), and is one of the oldest and most valuable monuments of the sacred art of Ukraine.
In this village, there is the Palace of the Charkovskyi-Holeiovskyi Family (XVII-XIX century) and the palace chapel.
In the native village of the Colonel of the Army of the Ukrainian People’s Republic and the Chairman of the Secret Service, OUN, Yevhen Konovalets, his family estate is now home to a Memorial Museum.
Known for its sausages and bread, Kulykiv is also famous for the fortress Church of St. Mykolai (1538), the old mill and its outstanding natives. Among them, the most famous is a Shevchenko prize winner and a famous Ukrainian actor, Bogdan Stupka, who played more than 50 roles on stage and 100 in movies. You can learn more about this Ukrainian-Tatar town in the Museum of local lore “Kulykivshchyna”, and everyone will be able to buy some Kulykiv sausage.
Here, one of the oldest wooden churches of Halychyna the Church of St. Archangel Mykhail (1508), is perfectly preserved. In the church there is the Museum “Staroskvariavskyi iconostasis of the XVI-XVIII centuries”.
In the former suburb of Zhovkva Vynnyky, there is a quaint little Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin (1705), in which there is an impressive carved iconostasis and fragments of paintings (1708-1710) of Ivan Rutkovych’s school.
This pottery village, near the chronicle Shchekotiv, interests local historians with an old Bell Tower, a defence tavern and a cemetery from the World War I.
Known among pilgrims and tourists, in addition to the fantastic monastery, Krekhiv also has a beautiful sample of the Halychian school of folk architecture, the Church of St. Paraskeva (1724r), which was built as the model of the Transfiguration Church of the Krekhiv monastery. The decoration of the temple is a six-tiered iconostasis (XVI-XVIII centuries) with Baroque Royal doors made by Vasyl Petranovych.