Tour plan: departure from Lviv (07:00) - Pylypets (chairlift to Mount Hemba) - hiking on the Borzhava ridge, route Hemba - Velykyi Verkh - Play (traverse) - descent to the village of Volovets and boarding the bus - Lviv (return before 24:00).
Note! This trip is held at the same time with Synevyr Lake and Waterfall Shypit tour, so in case of adverse weather conditions or for other reasons you can with additional fee join this tour on the day of travel. It is also possible to wait for the bus returning from Synevyr through Volovets village for up to 1 hour.
1. The length of the route through the Borzhava mountain meadow (from the top of the cable car to the village of Volovets) - 15 km;
2. Duration of approximate hiking on Borzhava plains (from the top of the cable car to Volovets) is 5-6 hours;
3. Height difference when ascending is 450 meters, height difference when descending - 1,100 meters (!);
4. The route is designed for the average group of physically healthy people;
5. Excursion to Borzhava is of medium difficulty and does not require prior training or experience, but for those who doubt their own strength, we recommend starting with easier routes (for example, climbing the mountains Kamula, Makivka, Putyshche, Lviv mountains)
6. Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited during the ascent and descent.
What to take with you on a hike to Borzhava:
- identity document (passport);
- comfortable waterproof shoes (preferably mountain trekking boots with high lacing);
- windproof jacket with a hood, preferably waterproof, comfortable windproof pants, warm sweater or jacket, hat or scarf, raincoat;
- spare set of clothes (can be left on the bus);
- water (1-1.5 liters per person);
- snacks for the climb (sandwiches, chocolate, thermos with hot tea or coffee);
- necessary medicines (individual first aid kit) which you use, adhesive plasters.
Tour language: Ukrainian. Contact us if you would like to hire a guide who speaks English or another foreign language.
The price INCLUDES:
- bus travel;
- mountain guide;
- travel guide;
- excursions at tourist attractions;
- travel insurance.
The price DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- tickets to tourist attractions;
- cable car to Hemba mountain (return ticket): 80 UAH, children under 10 y.o. –60 UAH.
Breakfast – Okey cafe in the village of Korostiv. Everyone can choose their food.
Lunch – at Borzhava mountain meadow. Bring your own food to have a snack.
Dinner – Okey cafe in the village of Korostiv. Everyone can choose their food.
Borzhava Mountain Meadow
Extremely picturesque, easily accessible, and popular among tourists mountain range on the Polonyna ridge of the Ukrainian Carpathians. The Borzhava ridge has a total length of about 50 kilometers and is the longest mountain meadow in Transcarpathia.
Above the line of beech forests, almost the entire massif is covered by the famous Borzhava meadows, where lush bushes of blueberries and cranberries grow to the delight of all travelers. Paragliders love Borzhava for its beauty and the accompanying wind. In sunny weather, they take off from mount Hemba to soar over the mountains, making this divine scenery even more photogenic.
During the hike, we will climb the mountain Velykyi Verkh (1598m). It is the center of the landscape and the place of convergence of the two main Borzhava offering very beautiful panoramas of the surrounding mountains. Hike to Borzhava is suitable for almost everyone who loves the mountains, because it is quite simple and pleasant, as you can ride the chairlift to the foot of Mount Hemba to a height of 1160 meters, and then hike on relatively flat sections of the ridge.
We invite you to travel with us to explore photogenic places of our country, take a break from civilization and gain new vital energy.