Cafe in Veryn village. Price: 100 UAH per person.
Tour to the valley of wild tulips
Visit the palaces of Rozdil and Zaklad, sculptures of Demnia, Pryima grotto , the church and oak of Veryn, Lake Barvinok and Berezdivtsi, all near the city of Lviv.
Tour language: Ukrainian. Contact us if you would like to hire a guide who speaks English or another foreign language
Departure from Lviv (at 08:00 a.m.) – Zaklad (visit to the Skarbka palace) – Demnia (visit to a church, quarry, cemetery, and a sculptor’s studio) – preserved area “Oxbow lakes of the Dniester river” (valley of wild tulips) – Veryn (walking route to grotto Pryima, lunch, the oldest tree of Lviv region and a church) – Rozdil (a walk around the old village and the Palace of Liantskoronskykh) – Berezdivtsi (visit to a church) – Novyi Rozdil (Lake Barvinok) – Lviv (return at 09:30 p.m.)
See the impressive and gigantic palace of Graf Skarbek, a landmark of Renaissance Revival architecture in the 19th century. It functioned as the orphan children and beggars foundation. A beautiful park surrounds the palace and the building itself hosts the historical and local history museum “Zaklad”, that including an art gallery and an exposition of Stanislav Skarbek.
This village, over the Zubra river, has been known for its sculptors` generations. It is a native place for the families of the Vereshchynskys, the Dzyndras and the Yanivs. The Church of St. Michael (1878), Our Lady of Częstochowa Church (1913) and the local cemetery called Lychakiv in miniature, due to a big number of great monuments made of local sandstone, catch visitors’ eyes. To witness creating sculptures from stone blocks, visit a local sculptor’s studio.
The Dniester and the Stryi's floodplains harbor little-known valleys of wild tulips. Wild tulips (Fritillaria meleagris) are added to the IUCN Red List; due to uncivilized people’s, actions the population of the flowers is decreasing. Welcome to a unique place of magical flowers to admire the view and warm the cockles of your heart.
In this village we are going to take a look at the oldest tree in the Lviv region, an aged oak. We will also visit St. Micheal church (1912), where about four hundred of our contemporaries are depicted, including Liubomyr Huzara, the Heavenly Hundred, Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI. Not far from the village there is also a fantastic grotto “Pryima” where archeologists found the most ancient Neanderthals settlement in continental Ukraine, thought to be about 46 thousand years old.
One of the biggest palaces of Galicia, the Palace of Zhevuskykh and Liantskoronskykh (1704), impresses with its exquisiteness and modern abandonment. The palace is built in style of the French Renaissance in an English landscape park. The town also hosts a baroque church (1648) of the former monastery of the Carmelites, brewery ruins (XIX) and a synagogue (XVIII).
Visit a popular pilgrimage site, the sanctuary of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross with its great baroque church, built by the outstanding artist, Petro Poleiovskyi (1761). The church hosts a replica of the miraculous icon of Jesus Christ of Berezdivets.
In the Stilsk hills and mountains, not far from Novyi Rozdil, you will find one of the most scenic places in Lviv, Lake Barvinok. Levee blocks along the Barvinok river formed the lake, and well preserved oak and beech forests with picturesque rock faces surround it.
- travel by comfortable bus;
- accompaniment by a guide;
- excursion service in tourist facilities;
- travel insurance.
- entrance tickets to tourist sites;
- Children 6 years old and younger: free (accompanied by 2 adults and without a separate seat on the bus)
- Children from 7 to 12 years old and people with disabilities (1st and 2nd groups with a certificate): 560 UAH / person (from the total cost of the tour)
- ATO participants (at the presence of a certificate): discount 30% from the cost of the tour
Voluntary donation: in all tourist facilities
Technical information on the walking route to grotto Pryima:
1. The length of the route to grotto Pryima and back is 3,5 kilometers, variations of heights – 70 meters;
2. The way to the grotto and back takes 1,5-2 hours.
3. The itinerary is worked out for an average group of physically abled people.
4. To take the route you do not need to be previously prepared, no experience is needed.
5. To take the walking route, make sure you have comfortable footwear.
6. The walking route is not compulsory, those who do not want to take it can have more spare time in Veryn or take a walk nearby.