Here you can see the the wooden church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross (1738), a rare archaic type of temple.
The third largest city in the Lviv region. Located at the crossroads of trade routes, Stryi attracts visitors with a large number of historical sites, the most significant of which are: one of the oldest Roman Catholic churches in Ukraine, the church of the Nativity of the Virgin (1395), the city synagogue (1817), church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (XVI) and People's House (1900), which was one of the centers of cultural life of Ukrainians of Galicia before the First World War. In the city, we will visit the expositions of the museum of local life “Verkhovyna”, the memorial complex “Fighters for Freedom of Ukraine”, Bandera’s family museum, the building of the gymnasium and secession building of Market square.
The pearl of this picturesque village near Stryi is the palace of Yablonovskykh-Branytskykh (1660), which is being restored by its new owners. The palace is surrounded by a park filled with exotic plants. The attraction of this park is a huge five-barreled plantation and a beautiful hornbeam alley. It is also interesting to see the monument of the architecture of the national importance, the church of the Descent of the Holy Spirit (1824), which was built in the Boyko style.
The popular Spa resort, “Galician Carlsbad”, has long been famous for its mineral waters. Here you can taste the mineral water “Morshinska ”, which has been extracted from 1879 and has a low level of mineralization. It is also interesting to visit the wooden church of the Intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary (1825), in Boyko style, with a bell tower that has been recently restored.
Among the tall trees, hidden from human eyes, the attractive church of St. Nicholas (1650) in Boyko style with a bell tower (ХІХ) can be found.
Stepan Bandera and his family lived here from 1933-1936, on the site of the former plebania, where Bandera lived. Today, the museum-estate of Bandera’s family is open to visitors. In the yard near the house, there is a tranquil park named after Stepan Bandera and a rebel dugout (kryyivka).
In this Carpathian village, the interesting three-tiered church of the Epiphany (1712) with a bell tower, remains.