You can have breakfast at home, bring snacks or have breakfast during bus stops at catering establishments to your taste and choice.
Skole Beskids Hiking: Mount Parashka
We invite you to conquer the highest peak of the Skole Beskids National Park and admire the picturesque panoramas of the Carpathians
Tour language: Ukrainian. Contact us if you would like to hire a guide who speaks English or another foreign language.
Departure from Lviv (08:00) - Skole (preparation for the ascent, ascent to Parashka, having snacks on top, dinner) - Lviv (return at 22:30).
Note! This trip takes place at the same time as the "Carpathians mountains one day tour", so in case of adverse weather conditions or other reasons, you can change to that tour on the day of travel.
Mount Parashka is one of the many peaks that surround the ancient town of Skole. The mountain is located only 10 km from the city. Because of this, this mountain is perfect for those who like day trips to the mountains. The height of the peak is 1268 m.Parashka is the highest peak of the Skole Beskids. The route to Parashka runs along the Parashka ridge. Incredible panoramas of the Oriv and Skole Beskids ranges, the Polonyna Borzhava massif, the Watershed Range and the town of Pikui can be seen from here. When the weather is good, from the top of Parashka you can see the cities of Stryi, Mykolayiv, and if you're lucky, Lviv.
The name of the mountain comes from ancient princely times. According to the legend, the wife (according to another version, the daughter) of Prince Sviatoslav Volodymyrovych named Paraskevi was killed near this peak. Sviatoslav was at odds with his older brother Sviatopolk. Brothers had a battle near Skole, and Sviatopolk won, and Sviatoslav, his sons, and Paraskevia were killed. In these region, many place names remind us of those times.
We invite you for a day trip to the mountains. During the hike to Mount Parashka, you will find yourself high in the mountains, admire the beautiful landscapes, immerse yourself in the interesting world of the history of the Boyko region, walk an incredible tourist route.
- travel by comfortable bus;
- accompaniment by a guide;
- excursion service in tourist facilities;
- travel insurance.
- entrance tickets to tourist sites;
- Children 6 years old and younger: free (accompanied by 2 adults and without a separate seat on the bus)
- Children from 7 to 12 years old and people with disabilities (1st and 2nd groups with a certificate): 560 UAH / person (from the total cost of the tour)
- ATO participants (at the presence of a certificate): discount 30% from the cost of the tour
The cost of entrance tickets to tourist facilities: 0 UAH.
- The length of the trail to the top of Mount Parashka is about 19 km in both directions, the height difference is 815 meters.
- Ascend to the mountain lasts approximately 4-5 hours, descent about 3-4 hours.
- Mount Parashka route is designed for the average group of physically healthy people;
- Participation in the hike to Mount Parashka does not require prior training or experience;
- Hiking to Mount Parashka is of medium difficulty and does not require prior training or experience, but for those who doubt their own strength, we recommend starting with easier routes (for example, climbing the mountains Pikui, Borzhava, Kamula, Makivka, Putyshche, Lviv Mountains)
- During the ascent and descent is strictly prohibited the use of alcohol.
What to take with you on a tour of Mount Parashka:
- identity document (passport);
- comfortable waterproof shoes (preferably mountain trekking boots with high lacing);
- windproof jacket with a hood, preferably waterproof, comfortable windproof pants, warm sweater or jacket, hat or scarf, raincoat;
- spare set of clothes (can be left on the bus);
- water (1-1.5 liters per person);
- snacks for the climb (sandwiches, chocolate, thermos with hot tea or coffee);
- necessary medicines (individual first aid kit) which you use, adhesive plasters.
Takes place on Mount Parashka, everyone eats snacks they brought with them.
You can have dinner near the OKKO gas station in Skole.