You can have breakfast at home, bring snacks or have breakfast during bus stops at catering establishments to your taste and choice.
Hike to Pip Ivan Chernogirsky, Smotrych and Eared Stone mountains
Enjoy the best views of the Carpathians, Buhtivetsky and Krapelkovyi waterfalls, visit Ivano-Frankivsk, Yaremche and raft on Cheremosh
1st day: Departure from Lviv (08:00) – Ivano Frankivsk (city tour, temples, museums, and lunch) – Yaremche (Park-Museum “The Carpathians in Miniature”) – Verkhovyna (settle into the hotel to 18:30, dinner, evening gatherings by the fire with herbal tea).
2nd day: Breakfast and departure (07:00) – Dzembronya (climbing on the mountains: Smotrich, the Pip Ivan Chornogirskiy, Eared stone, an overview of the “khata-staya” on the polonyna (meadow) Smotrich – Verkhovyna (return to the hotel to 19:30, dinner, free time).
3rd day: Breakfast and departure (09:00) – Verkhovyna (rafting along Chornyi Cheremosh or overview of Museum of Hutsul Life and Art and “At Trembitar's”) – Verkhnii Yaseniv (lunch) – Bukove (overview of Buhtivetsky and Krapelkovyi waterfalls) – Lviv (return to 22:50).
The former city of Stanislav and the regional centre. The Ivano-Frankivsk has a large number of ancient monuments. The most famous among them: Potocki Palace (1672), Town Hall (Ratusa) (1932), castle wall (XVII), Jesuit Church (ХІХ) and Church of the Virgin Mary (1672).
Yaremche is a famous climatic resort. It is located between the picturesque mountains of the beautiful Prut river valley. In addition to the well-known waterfall and restaurant, a new highlight of the city is the Park-Museum “Carpathians in Miniature”, where you will see the main historical and natural attractions of the Hutsul region. This miniature allows you to get around all the interesting Carpathian places in just a few minutes.
The Pip Ivan Chornogirskiy (Black mountain, Pop Ivan), one of the sacred places of the Hutsul region, is the third highest peak of the Ukrainian Carpathians (2028 m). The observatory was built here in the 20th century. From the top of the mountain, you can see the incredible scenery of the Carpathians. According to the beliefs of the Hutsuls, those who are able to climb to the top of the mountain will be strong, cheerful and happy for the whole year!
Smotrych Mountain (1898 m) or Smotrets is one of the peaks of Chornohora, located at a distance of 1.5 km from its main ridge. The foot of the mountain begins in the village of Dzembronya, so it is rational to start climbing from here. The slopes of the mountain are steep, the top is rocky. Along the top of the mountain there are bizarre rocks that often resemble animals. On the way to the top of Smotrych there is a mountain meadow, where you can always stop for a while, have some rest, visit the traditional mansion "khata-staya", and, if desired, to buy traditional carpathian cheese: budz, wurda or brynza, drink cool spring water.
Mount Vuhaty Kamin (1864 m) lies in the south-eastern part of Chornohora ridge, on one of the slopes of Mount Smotrych, which extends to the north and descends into the valley of the village of Dzembronia. The mountain got its name from the bizarre shape of the rocks, which are located on top. In their form, they resemble various bizarre objects and impress the imagination of travelers, resembling a sphinx or a monk. People call them "churches". The trail from Dzembronia to the main ridge of Chornohora passes through the top.
Rafting will take place on the mountainous and plain sections of the Black Cheremosh River from the village of Dzembronya to the village of Verkhovyna. Fabulous mountain landscapes, wooded rocky shores, fun and well-coordinated teamwork on the water and the most pleasant impressions await the participants of the trip. Rafting is a perfect active holiday for body and soul!
In this untouched Carpathian corner is a waterfall “Buhtivetsky”. This waterfall has height of 8m. Waterfall Krapelkovyi is not far from. Picturesque landscapes of Carpathian nature fascinate and will not leave any visitor disappointed.
- transportation by a comfortable bus;
- accommodation (2 nights);
- escort by the tour guide;
- excursion service in tourist sites;
- services of the instructor during the climb to the Pip Ivan;
- travel insurance.
- entry tickets to tourist sites;
- additional transfers to Dzembronya (before the climbing to the Pip Ivan) and to Buhtivetsky waterfall;
- rafting organization services.
- Children from 7 to 12 years old and people with disabilities (1st and 2nd groups with a certificate): 150 UAH / person (from the total cost of the tour)
- Children 6 years old and younger, accompanied by 2 adults, without a separate seat on the coach and accommodation – free of charge
- ATO participants (at the presence of a certificate): discount 30% from the cost of the tour
Observation deck at the town hall of Ivano-Frankivsk: general - 20 UAH, children 8-14 years old - 10 UAH, children under 8 years old accompanied by adults - free of charge.
Museum of Arts of Prykarpattia: general, pensioners – 20 UAH, students – 10 UAH, schoolchildren – 5 UAH;
Park-Museum "Carpathians in Miniature", Yaremche: general, pensioners and students - 30 UAH, pupils - 20 UAH;
Transfer to the village of Dzembronya: (before climbing Pip Ivan), in both directions: general, student, pension, children's - 110 UAH;
Rafting on Cheremosh river: general, pension, student, children's - UAH 450;
Transfer to Krapelkovyi and Bukhtivetsky waterfalls: general, student, pension, children's - 150 UAH.
The technical information for climbing to the mountain Pip Ivan Chornogirsky:
- The length of the route to the top of Pip Ivan and back 11 km, elevation 800 meters;
- The ascent of the mountain lasts approximately 5 hours, the descent is about 4 hours;
- Pip Ivan Chornogirsky, is one of the most difficult peaks in the Ukrainian Carpathians to climb, therefore, the route designed for a group of physically prepared and hardy tourists with an experience of hiking in the mountains;
- In the absence of the tourist’s necessary equipment, the head of the group has the right to refuse him to climb the mountain;
- During the ascent and descent is strictly prohibited the use of alcohol.
What to take with you when ascending to the Pip Ivan Chornogirsky:
- A document certifying your identity (passport);
- Comfortable waterproof shoes (preferably mountain hiking boots with high lacing and waterproof gortex-like protection);
- Windproof jacket with a hood, preferably waterproof, windproof pants, those that do not hinder movement, warm sweater or jacket of the "Polar" type, hat (hat, bandana), raincoat, sunglass;
- Spare set of clothes (you can leave it on the bus);
- Knapsack (backpack);
- Water (1-1.5 liters per person);
- Food for snacking during the ascent (sandwiches, chocolate, a thermos of hot tea or coffee);
- Necessary medicines (individual first aid kit), which you use, (eg. Plasters).
Technical information for rafting on the Chornyi Cheremosh:
- participation in the rafting requires no prior training (experience);
- rafting lasts 2-2.5 hours, depending on the water level;
- the price includes work instructor, rental gear (rafts, paddles, vests, helmets), transportation to the place of the rafting;
- before and during the rafting is strictly prohibited the use of alcohol;
- route designed for the average group of physically healthy.
It takes place in the cozy Hutsul estates of green tourism in Verkhovyna, rooms: 2 and 3 beds with amenities on the floor.
It will take place in public catering establishments in Ivano-Frankivsk. The offered menu: salad of young cabbage, broth with noodles, chicken fillet stuffed with cheese, baked potatoes, bread, tea or. The cost is 120 UAH.
It takes place in the estates of Verkhovyna. The offered menu: kulesha with Hutsul roast meat and salo, potato pancakes with sour cream, brynza cheese, tea from Carpathian herbs. The cost is UAH 140.
Occurs in the estates, the offered menu: omelet, pancakes with aphenes (blueberries), sandwiches with cheese, tea or coffee. The cost is 90 hryvnias.
We suggest you have a light snack (sandwiches, cookies, nuts), as well as drinks (water, thermos with tea or coffee) to dine at the summit.
It takes place in the estates of Verkhovyna. Offered menu: mushroom soup, roast (potatoes stewed with meat), tea / coffee, bread. The cost is UAH 140.
It takes place in Hutsul estates. The offered menu: cheesecakes with sour cream and jam, sandwiches, boiled eggs, tea, bread. The cost is 90 hryvnias.
Takes place at the restaurant “Zgarda” in Verhniy Yaseniv village (Verkhovyna district). Menu: vegetable salad, ukrainian borshch, potato pancaces with sour cream, bread, Carpathian herbal tea. Price: 150 UAH.