1st day: Departure from Lviv (08:00) – Ivano Frankivsk (city tour, temples, museums, and lunch) – Yaremche (Park-Museum “The Carpathians in Miniature”) – Verkhovyna (settle into the hotel to 18:30, dinner, evening gatherings by the fire with herbal tea).
2nd day: Breakfast and departure (07:00) – Dzembronya (climbing on the mountains: Smotrich, the Pip Ivan Chornogirskiy, Eared stone, an overview of the “khata-staya” on the polonyna (meadow) Smotrich – Verkhovyna (return to the hotel to 19:30, dinner, free time).
3rd day: Breakfast and departure (09:00) – Verkhovyna (rafting along Chornyi Cheremosh or overview of Museum of Hutsul Life and Art and “At Trembitar's”) – Verkhnii Yaseniv (lunch) – Bukove (overview of Buhtivetsky and Krapelkovyi waterfalls) – Lviv (return to 22:50).
- transportation by a comfortable bus,
- accommodation (2 nights),
- escort by the tour guide,
- excursion service in tourist sites,
- services of the instructor during the climb to the Pip Ivan,
- travel insurance.
Accommodation: in a cozy Hutsul farmstead of green tourism in Verkhovyna, rooms: 2 and 3 bedrooms with amenities. To see the pictures of the houses, please follow the link https://vidviday.ua/photo_album.php/photo_album_id/9
The technical information for climbing to the mountain Pip Ivan Chornogirsky
- The length of the route to the top of Pip Ivan and back 11 km, elevation 800 meters;
- The ascent of the mountain lasts approximately 5 hours, the descent is about 4 hours;
- Pip Ivan Chornogirsky, is one of the most difficult peaks in the Ukrainian Carpathians to climb, therefore, the route designed for a group of physically prepared and hardy tourists with an experience of hiking in the mountains;
- In the absence of the tourist’s necessary equipment, the head of the group has the right to refuse him to climb the mountain;
- During the ascent and descent is strictly prohibited the use of alcohol.
What to take with you when ascending to the Pip Ivan Chornogirsky
- A document certifying your identity (passport);
- Comfortable waterproof shoes (preferably mountain hiking boots with high lacing and waterproof gortex-like protection);
- Windproof jacket with a hood, preferably waterproof, windproof pants, those that do not hinder movement, warm sweater or jacket of the "Polar" type, hat (hat, bandana), raincoat, sunglass;
- Spare set of clothes (you can leave it on the bus);
- Knapsack (backpack);
- Water (1-1.5 liters per person);
- Food for snacking during the ascent (sandwiches, chocolate, a thermos of hot tea or coffee);
- Necessary medicines (individual first aid kit), which you use, (eg. Plasters).
Technical information for rafting on the Chornyi Cheremosh
- participation in the rafting requires no prior training (experience);
- rafting lasts 2-2.5 hours, depending on the water level;
- the price includes work instructor, rental gear (rafts, paddles, vests, helmets), transportation to the place of the rafting;
- before and during the rafting is strictly prohibited the use of alcohol;
- route designed for the average group of physically healthy.
Tour language: Ukrainian. Contact us if you would like to hire a guide who speaks English or another foreign language.
Not included in the price (requiring additional payment)
- entry tickets to tourist sites,
- motor transport to Dzembronya (before the climbing to the Pip Ivan) and to Buhtivetsky waterfall.
Price of entry tickets
- Art Museum of Ivano-Frankivsk: general, pensioners – 20 UAH, students – 10 UAH, schoolchildren – 5 UAH;
- The local history museum of Ivano-Frankivsk: general, pensioners – 30 UAH, students– 20 UAH, schoolchildren– 10 UAH;
- Park-Museum “The Carpathians in Miniature”: general, pensioners and students – 30 UAH, schoolchildren – 20 UAH;
- Motor transport to Dzembronya (before the climbing to the Pip Ivan) in both directions: 110 UAH;
- Rafting on Cheremosh: 300 UAH;
- Museum of Hutsul magic: general, pensioners and students, schoolchildren – 25 UAH;
- Museum “At Trembitar's”: general, students – 20 UAH, pensioners, schoolchildren– 25 UAH;
- The motor transport to Buhtivetsky and Krapelkovyi waterfalls on both directions: 70 UAH.
Breakfast on the first day – In Ivano-Frankivsk. Price 120 UAH.
Dinner on the first day – In the hotel of Verkhovyna. Price 90 UAH.
Breakfast on the second day – In the hotel of Verkhovyna. Price 70 UAH.
Lunch on the second day – we suggest having an easy snack to have lunch on the top of the mountain.
Dinner on the second day– In the hotel of Verkhovyna. Price 90 UAH.
Breakfast on the 3rd day– In the hotel of Verkhovyna. Price 70 UAH.
Lunch on the 3rd day– In the restaurant in Verkhnii Yaseniv. Price 100 UAH.
The former city of Stanislav and the regional centre. The Ivano-Frankivsk has a large number of ancient monuments. The most famous among them: Potocki Palace (1672), Town Hall (Ratusa) (1932), castle wall (XVII), Jesuit Church (ХІХ) and Church of the Virgin Mary (1672).
Yaremche is a famous climatic resort. It is located between the picturesque mountains of the beautiful Prut river valley. In addition to the well-known waterfall and restaurant, a new highlight of the city is the Park-Museum “Carpathians in Miniature”, where you will see the main historical and natural attractions of the Hutsul region. This miniature allows you to get around all the interesting Carpathian places in just a few minutes.
The mountain: Pip Ivan Chornogirskiy
The Pip Ivan Chornogirskiy (Black mountain, Pop Ivan), one of the sacred places of the Hutsul region, is the third highest peak of the Ukrainian Carpathians (2028 m). The observatory was built here in the 20th century. From the top of the mountain, you can see the incredible scenery of the Carpathians. According to the beliefs of the Hutsuls, those who are able to climb to the top of the mountain will be strong, cheerful and happy for the whole year!
While climbing on the Pip Ivan mountain you can climb to the Smotrich mountain (1898 m.) and Eared stone (1864 m.). Become acquainted with the life of shepherds in the meadows (polonyna) and view the khata-staya.
Rafting on the river Cheremosh
Rafting on catamarans will take place on the river Black Cheremosh from village Dzembronya to Verkhovyna. Participants can expect fabulous mountain scenery, forested rocky shores, fun and well-coordinated teamwork on the water and most pleasant experience. An ideal activity for relaxing the body and soul!
During the tour, you can learn about the outstanding molfars and wizards. You will understand how they differ from each other. You will know how Hutsuls with supernatural abilities dispersed the clouds, stopped the rain, treated cancer by tincture of viper and saved people from the bite of snakes.
Verkhovyna’s Museum of Hutsul Life and Art “At Trembitar's” is a wonderful interactive Museum founded by the famous Hutsul musician Mykola Iliuk. He meets tourists playing the trembita and shows the wonderful panorama, which opens from his estate.
In this untouched Carpathian corner is a waterfall “Buhtivetsky”. This waterfall has height of 8m. Waterfall Krapelkovyi is not far from. Picturesque landscapes of Carpathian nature fascinate and will not leave any visitor disappointed.