1st day: Departure from Lviv (08:00) – the Karpaty Sanatorium (excursion by the Shenborn palace)-Mukachevo (excursion by the castle and lunch) – Beregovo (swimming in the thermal pool and wine-tasting) – Beregovo district (overnight in rural green tourism estates, settle at 21:30).
2nd day: Breakfast and departure (08:00) – Uzhgorod (excursion by the city, castle, and lunch) – Barvinok (swimming in the thermal pool) – Beregovo district (return to the estates, Christmas Eve, caroling).
3rd day: Breakfast and departure (08:00) – Khust district (cheese tasting) – Iza (shopping for products made from willow and overview of deer farm) – Mizhgirya (ascent by the chairlift to the mountain and lunch) – Kelechyn (water tasting) – Pylypets (visit to the Shypit waterfall) – Lviv (return at 23:00).
Also, you will be able to enjoy:
- Christmas Eve with 12 dishes and vertep with carols;
- History, customs, and culture of Transcarpathia;
- Best dishes of Transcarpathian cuisine;
- Outstanding historical monuments of the region: the Shenborn palace, the Mukachevo and Uzhgorod castles, the historical center of Uzhgorod, the panoramic view of the Kankiv (Vynohradiv) castle, the ruins of Nyalab castle (Korolevo village) and Khust castle;
- Restoration of beauty and strength with the help of medicinal waters “Sources Of Beauty” and swimming in the new thermal pools “Zhayvoronok” in the Beregovo and the “Golden mountain” in the village of Barvinok;
- Shypit waterfall, ascent by the chairlift to the Makovytsia mountain and the opportunity to take a photo in the most picturesque places of the snow-capped Carpathians;
- Tasting of organic cheeses at the cheese factory and overview of the deer farm;
- Tasting of the best vintage wines of Transcarpathia in ancient wine cellars and private owners of the Beregovo district;
- Tasting of unique mineral water “ Kelechyn ”, which has high iron content and treats many diseases;
- Fun, snowballs and entertainment in a winter wonderland
Comfortable rural homestays (Beregove district), rooms: 2 and 3 bedrooms with amenities on the corridor (on 2-3 rooms). To see the pictures of the houses, please follow the link: http://goo.gl/OqmvIX
Tour language: Ukrainian. Contact us if you would like to hire a guide who speaks English or another foreign language.
- Transportation by a comfortable bus,
- accommodation (2 nights),
- Christmas Eve (12 dishes, vertep),
- dinner on the first and second day,
- breakfast on the second and third day,
- escort by the tour guide,
- excursion service in tourist sites, travel insurance.
Price DOES NOT include:
- Entrance tickets to tourist sites,
Discounts for children:
- Children under 3 years, accompanied by 2 adults, without a separate seat in the bus and for accommodation - free of charge;
- Children under 3 years, accompanied by 2 adults, without a separate seat in the bus and for accommodation, discount from the general price of the tour - 650 UAH;
- Children under 3 years, accompanied by 2 adults, without a separate seat on the bus, with a separate place for accommodation, discount from the general price of the tour - 850 UAH;
- Children from 3 to 12 years, discount from the general price of the tour - 300 UAH.
The price of entry tickets:
- Mukachevo castle: general - 50 UAH, students and pensioners - 40 UAH, the schoolchildren up to 14 years - 20 UAH;
- Thermal pool “Zhayvoronok” in Beregovo: general – 200 UAH (including the rent of a locker), pensioners by age – 150 UAH, children between 120-150 cm. high – 100 UAH, children under 120 cm high – free of charge;
- Wine tasting: 60 UAH, tour without wine tasting 30 UAH/per person;
- Visit to the iconic restaurant “Detsa u notary” – 5 UAH;
- Castle of Uzhgorod: general - 45 UAH, students – 35 UAH, schoolchildren – 20 UAH;
- Thermal pool “Golden Mountain” (2 hours): general – 250 UAH, children up to 150 cm. – 125 UAH, children up to 110 cm – free of charge;
- Tasting of three types of cheese with wine: general and students – 65 UAH, schoolchildren – 35 UAH;
- Deer farm: general, pensioners and students - 30 UAH, schoolchildren – 20 UAH;
- Chairlift to the Makovytsia mountain (in both sides): general – 100 UAH, children under 12 years– 80 UAH;
- Shypit waterfall: general, pensioners, students – 10 UAH, schoolchildren– 5 UAH.
Breakfast on the first day – Bring your own. You can bring food onto the bus for breakfast or snacking.
Lunch on the first day – Restaurants in Mukachevo. It consists of dishes of Lemko-Mukachevo cuisine: mixed “Vegetable salad”, on the first “Pidbyvani Lopatky” (Hungarian goulash soup), on the second torhonia (homemade pasta) with cones in mushroom sauce, compote, bread. The price is 95 UAH.
Dinner on the first day – Served by your host in the guest house. The dinner consists of dishes of Hungarian national cuisine: bogracs gulyas, torhonia with sperkeltom, sweets, wine, palinka (vodka drink), compote.
Breakfast on the second day – Guest house, the suggested menu: sausage, cheese, langos with jam (resemble pancakes), butter, bread, coffee/tea.
Lunch on the second day – Restaurant in Uzhgorod. The price is 100 UAH.
Dinner on the second day – Guest house and consists of traditional 12 meatless dishes: kutia, the lean stuffed with corn grits and mushrooms, the soup "kapostash posui" (beans, sauerkraut), the fried fish, the mashed potatoes with garlic and butter, cucumbers, sauerkraut, the carrot salad, compote…
Christmas Breakfast on the third day – Guest house and consists of traditional Transcarpathian dishes: homemade chicken chops, Transcarpathian cutlets, Christmas salad, wine, bread, tea/coffee.
Lunch on the third day– “Kolyba” restaurant in Mizhgirya and consists the local dishes: vegetable salad, the soup with white mushrooms, mashed potatoes and the Polonynsky meat, bread, herbal tea. The price is 100 UAH.
Among the scenic Carpathian mountains, this is one of the most romantic and picturesque palaces in Ukraine, the hunting palace of Shenborn Counts (1890). The castle is surrounded by a beautiful park, with various exotic plants. The structure is unique with 365 windows, 12 entrances, and 52 rooms.
Here, on the volcanic mountain, is the most powerful fortress in Ukraine, “Palanok” castle (XIV), built by Prince Fyodor Koriatovych and glorified by the Hungarian noblewoman, Princess Ilona Zrinyi.
The former “Beregszasz” has long been known for its architectural monuments, but most tourists come here for treatment, enjoyment and relaxation. “Zhayvoronok” is a famous modern health complex, with pools of unique thermal water (temperature 31-45C). All year round, guests of the complex can relax in the outdoor and indoor pools, with natural mineral water that rises directly from thermal wells more than 1 km below the surface.
This border town on the river of Uzh will captivate and charm even the most demanding tourist. Walk along the historic street of town, Korzo. We will also visit one of the oldest castles in Ukraine (ХIV) and visit the most famous temple in the city, the Holy Cross Cathedral (1841) and the iconic tavern “Detsa u notary".
Not far from the Uzhgorod, surrounded by the Carpathians, the thermal waters rise from the very heart of the earth and bring health and joy to the guests of the “Golden Mountain” complex. Bathe in one of the four modern thermal pools, with temperatures between 29 and 39 degrees. The water is extremely useful and similar in composition to the thermal waters of the best resorts in France, Germany, and the Czech Republic.
This is a unique village in Ukraine, which offers an excellent example of local people coming together for the community. They have organized an association for a cooperative cheese production project. Here you will learn about a local cheese factory and sample various cheeses accompanied by wine. The cheese is produced using specialized Swiss technology and is the best in Ukraine. Also, you will be able to purchase your favorite cheeses at factory prices.
This is the Ukrainian willow weaving capital. While visiting the village, you can view and buy various unique items made from willow. These items range from practical items for everyday use to beautiful ornamental works of art. We will also visit a deer farm, where more than one hundred spotted deer live and bring great joy to the visitors.
A picturesque Carpathian town near the Makovytsia mountain (750m). Ascend, by chairlift, to the top of the mountain, enjoying amazing panoramic views of the Carpathian mountain ridges, Borzhava and Gorgany. During this tour, you will also be able to stroll along the beautiful Rika river.
This is the homeland of Augustin Voloshyn, the President of Carpathian Ukraine. This area is also well-known for its unique source of naturally carbonated mineral water “Kelechyn”, which is richly saturated in iron.
Along with its mesmerizing cascading waters that flow between rocks down to the scenic mountain valley, there flows the 15m Shypit waterfall, one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Ukraine. It starts from a large underground spring, known as “the sea eye” in one of the most picturesque places of the Ukrainian Carpathians, Borzhava polonyna (meadow). The visit to Pylypets is a great way to relax from the pace of urban life and leave you refreshed.