Day 1: departure from Lviv (08:00) – Health Resort “Karpaty” (tour of the Schönborns’ castle) – Mukachevo (tour of the castle and lunch) – Berehovo (swimming in the thermal pool, wine tasting) – Berehovo district (staying overnight at farmsteads of rural tourism, check-in at 21:30).
Day 2: breakfast and departure (08:00) – Nyzhnie Selyshche (cheese tasting) – Iza (purchasing products made of vine and tour of the deer farm) – Mizhhiria (cable car-chair lift and lunch) – Kelechyn (water tasting) – Pylypets (tour of the waterfall Shypit) – Lviv (return at 22:30).
You will find:
- acquaintance with the history, customs, culture and religion of the inhabitants of Transcarpathia: Ukrainians-Rusyns (Boykos, Lemkos, Dolynians), Hungarians and Romas;
- the best dishes of Lemkos', Hungarian, Boykos' cuisine;
- the outstanding historical landmarks of the region: the Schönborns’ palace, Mukachevo castle, the historical centre of Berehovo, views of Vynohradiv, Korolevo and Khust castles;
- swimming in the thermal pool in Berehovo and tour of the deer farm;
- tour of the waterfall Shypit, cable car-chair lift to Mount Makovytsia and the opportunity to take memorable photos in the most picturesque places of the Carpathians;
- tasting of organic cheeses made by Swiss technology at Selyska cheese dairy;
- tasting of the mineral water “Kelechynska”, which is rich in iron and cures a lot of diseases;
- tasting of the best vintage wines in Transcarpathian ancient wine cellars and tasting wine at private owners’ in Berehovo district.
At cosy farmsteads of rural tourism in Berehovo district with amenities, rooms: 2- and 3-bed bedrooms. The photos of farmsteads can be seen at http://goo.gl/OqmvIX
The price INCLUDES:
- travel by a tourist class coach,
- guided tour service,
- excursion service on tourist sites,
- travel insurance.
The price DOES NOT INCLUDE and pays additionally:
- entrance fee to tourist sites,
- cheese and wine tastings.
- Schönborn Palace: adults, pensioners, students – 20 UAH, schoolchildren – 15 UAH;
- Mukachevo Castle: adults – 50 UAH, students, pensioners – 40 UAH, children under 14 years old – 30 UAH;
- the new thermal pool “Zhaivoronok” in Berehovo: general – 200 UAH, pensioners by age – 150 UAH, children from 120 to 150 cm – 100 UAH, children under 120 cm – free of charge, locker rental – 20 UAH;
- wine-tasting: 60 UAH, excursion without wine-tasting – 30 UAH;
- tasting of three kinds of cheese with wine: general – 50 UAH, schoolchildren – 30 UAH;
- deer farm: general, pensioners and students – 30 UAH, schoolchildren – 20 UAH;
- return cable car-chair lift to Mount Makovytsia: general, pensioners, students – 80 UAH, children under 12 years old – 60 UAH;
- waterfall Shypit: general – 10 UAH, children 7-16 years old – 5 UAH, children under 7 years old – free of charge.
Breakfast on the 1st day – you can have breakfast at home or bring sandwiches to eat on the bus or during stops.
Lunch on the 1st day – at a restaurant in Mukachevo, dishes of Lemko-Mukachevo cuisine: salad “Vegetable allsorts”, soup "Levesh", torhonia (special homemade macaroni) with shyshkas and mushroom gravy, compote, bread. The cost is 90 UAH/person.
Dinner on the 1st day – at the farmsteads of rural tourism after the check-in, consists of dishes of Hungarian national cuisine: bohrach-huliash, Madiarian holubtsi, sweets, wine/palynka, and compote. The cost is 90 UAH/person.
Breakfast on the 2nd day – at the farmsteads, offered menu: sausage, cheese, lanhosh with jam (similar to pancakes), butter, bread, coffee/tea. The cost is 55 UAH/person.
Lunch on the 2nd day – in Mizhhiria at the restaurant “Kolyba”, dishes of local cuisine: vegetable salad, porcini soup (yushka), chanakhi, bread, herbal tea. The cost is 95 UAH/person.
Alternatively, nearby there are other restaurants and cafes with Boyko dishes and much more.
Health Resort "Karpaty"
Among the scenic Carpathian mountains, this is one of the most romantic and picturesque castles of Ukraine – Visit the hunting palace of Shenborn Counts (1890). The castle is surrounded by a beautiful park, with various exotic plants. The structure is unique with 365 windows, 12 entrances, and 52 rooms.
Here, on the only volcanic mountain in the area, sits the most powerful and dramatic fortress in Ukraine – “Palanok” castle (14th century) - built by Prince Fyodor Koriatovych and glorified by Princess Ilona Zrinyi. If there is extra time, you can visit other places in Mukacheve, including Saint Martin chapel (14th century), Rakoczi palace (1663) and the beautiful green City Hall (1903).
The capital of Ukrainian “Hungary” – “Beregszasz” is famous for its pools with unique thermal water, springing up from a depth of 1,600 metres, which is said to cure 86 different diseases. Similar pools can only be found in New Zealand. Also, this location offers several architectural treasures in the town: Gothic Cathedral of All Saints (1370), Cathedral of Reformers (15th century), “Count’s yard” – the estate of Prince Betleni (1629), a Grand Imperial Court Building (1908), and the casino “Golden Peacock”.
Here is a unique village in Ukraine, which offers an excellent example of local people organizing an association for a cooperative cheese production project. Here you will tour and learn about a local cheese factory and sample various cheeses, which are accompanied with wine. The cheese is produced using a specialized Swiss technology and is said to be the best in Ukraine. You will also be able to purchase your favourite cheeses at factory prices.
Ukrainian Willow Weaving Capital. While visiting the village, you can view and buy various unique items made from willow. These items range from practical items for everyday use, to pieces that are true works of art. Also, you will be visiting a deer farm, with over one hundred unique spotted deer, which are friendly and often come up to the tourist to enjoy being fed.
The scenic Carpathian town near Makovytsia mountain (750 m). You will have an opportunity to ride the chairlift to the top of the mountain and enjoy the amazing panoramic views of Carpathian mountain ridges, Borzhava and Gorgany. Also, on this visit, you will be able to stroll along the beautiful Rika river.
This is the homeland of Augustin Voloshyn, the President of the Carpathian Ukraine. This area is also well-known for its unique source of naturally aerated mineral water “Kelechyn”, which is richly saturated by iron.
Along with its mesmerizing cascading waters, that flow between rocks, down to the scenic mountain valley, there flows the 15-meter high Shypit waterfall, one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Ukraine. It starts from a large underground spring, well-known as “the sea eye” in one of the most picturesque places of Ukrainian Carpathians – Borzhava polonyna (meadow). This visit is sure to relax you from the pace of urban life and leave you refreshed.